I hope y’all are fantastic and indulging in the joys of this season as much as I am. As Halloween time is here, I thought it would be fun to make the best out of this opportunity. If you know me, I take great delight in creating new looks so this is merely my take on a Halloween skeleton inspired look. It’s relatively easy and affordable but obviously, you can personalise it however you like. Enjoy!
- Conceal and correct. (It’s alright even if you don’t, we’re creating a skeleton face after all)
- Sweep a white powder or eye shadow across your eye from lash to brow.
- Blend a brown eye shadow just above the socket.
- Apply a sharp black eye shadow in the crease, simultaneously blending it with the brown eye shadow.
- Keep on blending to achieve smokey eyes.
- Use eyeliner to line the upper lids and extend it to the end of the black eye smokey shadow to give it a winged eye effect (shown in the images).
- Darken it with a liquid eyeliner if you wish.
- Take the black pencil eye liner (or liquid) and draw an extended black line at the inner corners of your eyes.
- Fill in your eyebrows and give them a sharp edge.
- Then use a glittery white/silver eye shadow/highlighter and sweep it at the upper inner corners of your eyes (above the black line). Define the lash line with the same eye shadow.
- Then just draw a skeleton-like nose and fill it in. If you wish, you could extend the black line over your eyebrows as well. Slightly blend it out.
- Contour with a brown shade at the hollows of your cheeks, temples (all the usual places).
- To give it a more skeleton-like effect, take a black eye shadow and use the same contour brush to blend it with the brown contour. This will give your cheekbones more depth.
- Sweep some highlighter over the top of your cheeks.
- Draw vertical lines (as teeth) about half an inch apart on your lips with a black pencil lip liner/ liquid liner.
- Lastly, use a highlighter to brighten your lips between the vertical lines. Voila! You’ve been transformed into a skeleton!
Who says you can’t smile when you transform your face into a skeleton-like face!?
Keep smiling! Happy Halloween!🎃